The following maps were used to find lost areas of San Pablo. Each map has a description of the findings underneath it.
Written by David Roper
Figure 1-San Pablo, Arizona, 1930 overlay of houses and open land.
The above map shows where the houses and open land once stood in San Pablo, Arizona. The blue figures represent houses and the green represents open land. This open land is not identifiable as agriculture or simply unused space.
Figure 2-San Pablo, Arizona, 1930 overlay of houses, open land, and aerial photo.
The above map is an aerial photo of San Pablo with houses and open land overlays. This region was completely changed as ASU took the land for university use.
Figure 3-San Pablo, Arizona, 1949, overlay of open land vegetation.
The above map shows the open land areas from 1949 in the San Pablo, Arizona region. Comparing figure 1 and 3, the open land area is reduced. Looking at figure 4, it is apparent that housing in San Pablo took a more prominent role.
Figure 4– San Pablo, Arizona, 1949, overlay of open land vegetation and aerial photo.
Figure 5-San Pablo, Arizona, 1969.
Figure 5 shows that by 1969, Arizona State University had already taken over and developed the land formerly known as San Pablo. All houses were cleared and open spaces were used for the university. Figure 6 shows a modern aerial view of the ASU campus.
Figure 6-Arizona State University, 2015, aerial photo.